Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Update

Well it's been about three weeks since I last updated. I think I have definitely grown since then and have been feeling a variation of different yet new symptoms. The doctor told me that between my 18 week visit and my visit coming up next week at 22 weeks the baby would double in size and I would blossom out too. She was certainly right. I have a definite pooch now and can feel my sides stretching and aching almost daily. At 18 weeks I had gained 7 lbs and I think I have probably added on about 4 or 5 more. We will find out next Wednesday. Typically you are supposed to gain anywhere between 10 and 15 pounds at this point. Oh the joys of weight gain. I haven't been eating a lot, am walking everyday, and trying not to eat to much if any junk food. I think every body is just different in how and where they gain weight. It seems to be all belly/chest now :) But it has been hard to see myself gaining weight. I have always been a petite person but I think its hard for any woman to see the scale increase daily! That has been hard.

The aching, stretching stomach has been uncomfortable too. It feels like I just have aching sides all the time. It almost as if someone is pulling down on my stomach. No stretch marks, yet though. I'm trying to be really conscious of that. My doctor said they are genetic and my mom never got any herself so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Let's see, another symptom....how about sleeplessness and restlessness at night. I wasn't sleeping to bad until the past few weeks. Getting up to use the bathroom on top of feeling uncomfortable in almost all positions is already getting me at 5 months! I can't even imagine what it will be like at 8 months. Oh joy. I'm going to have to invest in a body pillow to prop my stomach up on while I sleep :). I miss sleeping or just being able to lay on my belly!

Other than those things I'm not feeling sick or to tired. I feel pretty normal other than the few aches, pains, and frequent potty breaks! :)

Liam is so active now. I feel him every time I sit down. The kicks are getting a lot stronger and a lot more spread out across my belly. I can actually see my belly moving now! He is about 7 inches or more. Comparable to a large banana in length. I can't believe he's already that big. It's still hard for me to imagine that there is a human life growing inside of me. I don't think it will seem completely real until I hold him.

I'm hoping to start the nursery soon. I've been working on the guest room and will move into that next. Well that's my update for now. I'll update again after the next appointment. :)

No comments: