Thursday, February 25, 2010

Almost 5 Months


I can't believe my boy will be 5 months old next week. Time sure is moving but I'm enjoying every minute of it. I have found out that I love babies but I love this age he is in. I love that he is starting to be aware of everything and smiling at everything. He is becoming so much fun to be around. We went to the doctor last week. He did great. He weighs 14.1 lbs and is 26" long. He is in the 77%tile for his height which means that only 23% of babies are taller than him and he is in the 22%tile for his weight which means 88% of babies are bigger than him. He is one tall and skinny boy! :) The doctor said he was the perfect example of a lean breast fed baby. She said she sees so many overweight babies and he was a great example of what babies should be :). He had his third set of shots and didn't scream at with the first but boy did he scream with the second.

He is constantly changing everyday but lately he has is able to grasp things even better. He now reaches out for things in front of him and will sit in his saucer and push buttons and grab for the toys in front of him. If I play with something in his saucer and then leave it he reaches and plays for it right after me. He is laughing now too which is precious. He loves to laugh when I scare him. He can hold his neck up so well on his belly and still hasn't accomplished complete rolling over from back to belly but can roll from belly to back. He is eating a little rich cereal too and loves it. He cries if the spoon isn't in his mouth. He is also getting a little attached to mommy. We are together every day all day! He prefers women too and gets upset when men hold him! Different stages. Lately he has woken up at night which he hasn't done in forever. I think it's the teething or the cereal he's now getting. I hope he figures it out soon because it wears me out!

This mommy thing gets easier each day! I'm thankful for my wonderful husband who helps every second he can and thankful for a beautiful healthy baby boy!

No comments: