Tuesday, April 21, 2009

14 Weeks


Well nothing much exciting has happened in the past two weeks with the pregnancy. My belly is growing though. I've felt reasonably good. I guess it's true, after 12 weeks you start to feel a bit normal again. I have to admit though that 9 months is truly a long time for your body to feel so abnormal. Everything is focused on and geared toward making this life inside of me. It is still so crazy to think about. I've decided that the first 12 to 14 weeks of pregnancy are just not fun. You just feel tired and not normal. Nothing about you seems to be the way it was. I often asked myself if I'd ever feel normal again :). Its just that in the first few weeks you don't feel pregnant, you feel bloated, and you just feel weird. You can't feel the baby or know what it is you just are in waiting mode. I hate to complain because I have it it reasonably well with little sickness. I'm just tired of feeling like I'm living in a foreign body. I know I have 6 more months of this too. Once we find out what it is in four weeks and I can feel this little baby moving, I think I'll feel wonderfully different. I'm just venting a bit :). I'm preparing all you unpregnant women for what may come. You may love being pregnant though. A few symptoms I've had lately are weird aching pains in all over my stomach. Stretching, moving, pulling aches that are just plain unnatural. I guess my belly is just shifting and rotating and making more room. I've also had a heightened sense of smell. I can smell EVERYTHING even when Richard doesn't. It's strange. I also have the weirdest aftertaste after everything I eat. I just want to brush my teeth all the time. Strange happenings I know.


I'm posting the last picture of my belly. It's ever growing. :) That's about it for now. Off to play bunco tonight! :)

No comments: